The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You
Author: Elaine N. Aron
- The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You
Number Of Pages: 251
Publisher: Broadway Books
Details: Are you a highly sensitive person?
Do you have a keen imagination and vivid dreams? Is time alone each day as essential to you as food and water? Are you "too shy" or "too sensitive" according to others? Do noise and confusion quickly overwhelm you? If your answers are yes, you may be a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
Most of us feel overstimulated every once in a while, but for the Highly Sensitive Person, it's a way of life. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Elaine Aron, a psychotherapist, workshop leader and highly sensitive person herself, shows you how to identify this trait in yourself and make the most of it in everyday situations. Drawing on her many years of research and hundreds of interviews, she shows how you can better understand yourself and your trait to create a fuller, richer life.
In The Highly Sensitive Person, you will discover:
* Self-assessment tests to help you identify your particular sensitivities
* Ways to reframe your past experiences in a positive light and gain greater self-esteem in the process
* Insight into how high sensitivity affects both work and personal relationships
* Tips on how to deal with overarousal
* Information on medications and when to seek help
* Techniques to enrich the soul and spirit
Please note this is an affiliate link that provides Good-Nests with a small referral fee. The referral fee is not an extra charge to you and does not increase your price. It's a kind of "thank you" from Amazon to Good-Nests for providing the referral. If you do decide to purchase this item through this link, thank you so much - I really appreciate the support.